How do I become a Fedora Extra maintainer

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Jul 3 10:20:02 UTC 2005

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:40:27 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> I would like to learn , basiaclly, how to build RPMs first and foremost.

There have been people, who wrote entire books about RPM. An older one,
"Maximum RPM" by Ed Bailey from Red Hat, is here as an online version
enhanced and updated a bit with changes by community contributors:

  http://rpm.org/max-rpm-snapshot/

A newer book, the "Red Hat RPM Guide", is this:

Paul Howarth already pointed to the recent guide published by Gurulabs.
There is more documentation like that on the Internet.

> I would also appreciate an RPM for checkinstall that works in FC4. I
> seem to be segfaulting with the one available in Extras. I understand
> that there is a patch out for it.

checkinstall cannot be used for Fedora Extras, however, since it
creates binary rpms, not src.rpms.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1400_FC5