OpenOffice does not save document

Harald Grossauer harald.grossauer at uibk.ac.at
Tue Jul 5 11:39:54 UTC 2005

> It has been a few days since the original post of your problem.  Did you
> resolve the issue?  If so, what was it?

I continued my work on another machine with FC3 and OO 1.1.3 installed.
I need this presentation urgently so I have no time at the moment to identify
the source of the bug. Besides, since OO 2.0 is still beta, I would not
invest too much time and wait for the final release.

> Here are some other things to consider:
> Did the permissions on the directory where you are saving the document get
> changed?

No

> Did you change the directory where you are saving to one where you do not have
> write permission?

No

> Did you try saving to another directory where you know you have write
> permission, such as, /tmp?

Yes, same error message

> Any packages (new or updates) installed or removed?

No, besides the usual "yum update". Which does not work either, see my other post.

> Any configuration changes?

No

> Is the problem reproducible?

Have not tried, lack of time

> May be you encountered a bug in OO.

Found some other reports about the same problem in Google. No solution given yet.