cyrus-imapd

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 6 02:16:30 UTC 2005

>> Alexander,
>> My client is giving me permission denied errors when it tries to set
>> up the INBOX, Sent, Trash, etc, folders.
>>

> Speaking about INBOX that sounds strange.

I've been using Mail.app on MacOSX to get the mail in my linux box.
Trying to do something different I connected to it using X11 and
launched KDE. With Evolution I can see three mail boxes in my
account: Inbox, Junk, and Trash. I can create a Sent folder inside
the INBOX folder, but not outside like Junk and Trash.

> Can you please post your /etc/imapd.conf and the output of cyradm
> command runs "lm" and "lam <mailbox>", if it is not too much stuff.
> Else
> be selective and past the part for a specific mailbox which has the
> problem.

localhost.localdomain> lm
user.myname (\HasChildren)

localhost.localdomain> lam user.myname
myname lrswipcda

and now imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

#Added by me
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
allowplaintext: no
quotawarn: 90
createonpost: yes
autocreatequota: 1000000
autocreateinboxfolders: Inbox | Sent | Drafts | Trash  <<<<< This I
saw in a forum, I don't know if the syntax is correct. The man pages
specified that the previous two options should also be added with
this one.

Please bear with me. Two days ago I didn't know anything about cyrus-
imapd.
Thanks
EJ