Is the HP PSC 1315 not recognized by FC4?

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Wed Jul 6 04:35:15 UTC 2005

Jerry DeLisle escreveu:
> Vinicius wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a HP PSC 1315 and the computer OS is FC4 (the kernel is
>> 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4).
>>
>> The command lspci is not showing the printer, but it did show on FC3
>> and the printer was working on FC3.
>>
>> Any ideias, please?
>>

>> TIA,
>>
>> Vinicius.
>>
> Go to this site.
>
> http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/
>
> There are details for installation.  I have hplip running on FC4 like a
> charm.  Puts an icon in the accessories menu.  Click on that and you
> have full control.
>
> Jerry

Thanks.

Is your SELinux active ("enforcing" and "targeted")?

I have used hplip since 0.8X to 0.9.2 without problem on FC3.
I have compiled and installed it (version 0.9.3) on FC4, but there are
several "avc denied" due to SELinux.
Unfortunately, I think it's a hardware or configuration issue. I don't
know if it is due kudzu or the kernel, or other component.
As I said, the command *lspci* is not showing the printer, independent
of hplip installation or not.

Vinicius.