writing ISO's

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 9 14:46:41 UTC 2005

cheerful aya wrote:

> >>   Hi,
> >>  In short I must say, I've downloaded the ISO's and have 2 problems
> :
> >> 1)  I don't know how to check the integrity of them; I mean how to
> >>     check the SHA1 checksums. [There's just a windows XP
> >>      installed on my PC]
>
> >See
> http://www.roseindia.net/linux/tutorial/checkingfedoracoreiso.shtml
> Sorry, I can't open the link anymore. Could you please suggest another
> one?

> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

I got RFC 3174 off the net. It contains source for SHA1. I added
a simple main() to drive it, and can now do SHA1 sums. Perhaps you
could do the same thing. If not, then I can send you an executable
which runs under FC2 and will do the SHA1 for you.

Have a look here:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3174.html

Mike