SSH publickey auth

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Sun Jul 10 17:26:00 UTC 2005

Gunnar Kramm escreveu:

>>^^^^^ "type -1"

>>>It looks to me like your problem is here.  the id_rsa file on you windows
>>> server is not being recognized as a valid RSA key.  So perhaps there was an
>>>error when you copied the id_rsa file to the windows server. or perhaps the
>>>permissions are funny.
>>
>>The key is simply not for SSH version 1. SSH version 1 should be avoided
>>wherever possible as it has know security flaws.
>>Later in debug it says
>>
>>"debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0"
>>

>>>on your windows server can you show us the file permission of the files in
>>>.ssh/?
>>
>>There is no file permission problem (IMHO).
>>

>>>Gunnar Kramm
>>
>>Michael, review the article you followed and do not tell the SSH client
>>to use SSH protocol version 1.
>>
>>http://fedoranews.org/dowen/sshkeys/
>>
>>Alexander
>

> Alexander,  I certainly trust your troubleshooting skills more than mine.
> Michael, listen to Alexander.
>

>>--
>>Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG http://pgp.mit.edu 0xB366A773
>>legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html
>>Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC2smp
>>Serendipity 23:40:41 up 13 days, 6:32, load average: 0.29, 0.17, 0.16
>

>>--

Hello,

I have used PuTTY on Windows to communicate with a FC3 server through
SSH. The PuTTY Help is very nicely.

The *private key was on Windows* and the *public key was on the SSH
server*. I had to import the private key through the PuTTYgen program.

And I have used SSH protocol version 2.

Regards,

Vinicius.