How do I run *.jar rpogram

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 00:11:46 UTC 2005

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have installed JRE 1.5_2 from sun site. Installation seems to have gone
> well. I presume once JRE is installed, I should automatically be able to
> run
> any java program. I have downloaded Azureus bittorrent client in *.jar
> form.
> it doesn't run.
>
> how do i set up my environment to run this program ? could any body
> suggest?
>
> Thanking in advance.
>
> Parameshwara Bhat

    To ensure that Azureus uses the jre1.5 edit the file azureus in the
azureus directory. the third line says JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR=""
enter within the quotes the full path to the "bin" folder within the
java directory (include the final "/"). For example mine says
JAVA_PROGRAM_DIR="/usr/jre1.5.0_02/bin/"

That's all

Scott