WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 11:18:32 UTC 2005

Hi

>Unfortunately I have little confidence that the Fedora team
>are paying sufficient attention to this.
>>From my reading (admittedly very superficial) of development lists
>there is too much time and energy spent on new developments,
>and not enough on making sure the basic installation is rock solid.
>[Making sure Xorg works on all systems
>is far more important than getting 3D graphics in place, IMHO.]

Fedora development list is about new development (duh!)  so its not
surprising that the discussion there is mostly about what happens on the
development tree. For people working on 3D systems, getting them working
is their top priority and the only reason Xorg could be remotely usable
for them. So examples like that are biased.  Installer related
discussions happens on the anaconda list.  If you want bugs to be
addressed, Fedora Bugzilla is the right place for that.

regards
Rahul