Google Toolbar for Firefox

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:04:04 UTC 2005

On 7/11/05, sc0ri0n <sc0ri0n at comcast.net> wrote:
> Today, I wanted try the new Google Toolbar for Firefox (1.0.20050707)
> and encountered a strange issue.  Once the extension was installed, I
> restarted the firefox (1.0.4).  To my surprise, Google toolbar agreement
> language came up in German instead of English. I guessed the OK button
> and clicked it. Then, all menus in firefox changed to German.  I got a
> screenshot here at my blog:
> http://sc0ri0n.blogspot.com/2005/07/problem-with-google-toolbar-for.html
>
> As soon as I removed the extension and restarted the Firefox, menus
> reverted back to English.
>
> I googled it but could not find anything related to the issue. Did
> anyone try to install it on FC4?
>
> Thanks,
> Adil

I might be missing something, but why would you need this in Firefox?
It looks as though it just uses up screen space- you can already
search google from the standard firefox interface and there are
extensions that display pagerank and translate words that don't take
up screen real estate. What does this toolbar offer that others don't
(without lost screenspace)?

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/324/manson_marilyn.php
Manson, Marilyn Song Lyrics