Where do we report bugs for packages in Extras?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Tue Jul 12 20:51:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:32:34 -0400, P Jones wrote:

> Hi all;
>
> I'm still maintaining that Audacity in Extras can't record, and my
> limited knowledge and research have led me to this conclusion;
> Audacity in Extras is not compiled with portaudio support, and
> therefore can't record from an ALSA source, which is what FC4 uses
> (I've tried changing the source to OSS in Multimedia Systems selector,
> no good). In fact, since gnome-sound-recorder is gone from FC4, the
> only way I've been able to record anything is using arecord.

No. Bad idea. The included Portaudio v19 is an incomplete development
version for ALSA support and is not built with as the default. The default
is Portaudio v18 for OSS.

> This used to work in FC3 using Audacity from freshrpms.

Also note this:

Give "glame" at rpm.livna.org a try.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1426_FC5