WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 22:44:57 UTC 2005

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>Your specific bugs may not have been addressed but if you look at the
>>reports, thousands of bugs are being worked upon every week. If you put
>>in bugzilla, you have a way to reach the developers and help keep track
>>of it.  Users list is not going to provide you that.
>>

>Well, my experience is exactly the opposite.

Well you dont have to take my word on it. Generate a report here
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=report-table and
see for yourself the stats available

>I've had great help from the Fedora mailing list -
>and particularly from you, Rahul, thank you -

Welcome

>but my experience with redhat bugzilla has not been encouraging.

Maybe the interactions needs to be improved there. I have been writing a
few guidelines in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsReports

>It is not just that my two bugs were not solved,
>I saw no evidence that anyone had looked at them at all.
>I'd really like to feel that there was a mechanism in place,
>and hopefully someone looking over it,
>so that if a bug had not been investigated for say two months
>a reminder would be sent to the person in charge.

A Fedora bug squad has been formed to address more of these concerns.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs.  Stay turned for more information.

regards
Rahul

regards