mounting ntfs partition on dual boot

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Wed Jul 13 02:51:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   What is the procedure to mount an ntfs partition on a dual boot
laptop.  I tried
              mount -t ntfs /dev/hda4 /mnt/win
to no avail.  I suspect that I will have to recompile the kernel with
ntfs support but is that the only (& very painful) way when all I want
to do us salvage some of my son's files before blowing the entire HD
away and reinstalling FC3.

   I have FC4 installed and running without a hitch but will downgrade
to FC3 due in part to all the problems discussed on the list.

Thanks,

Bob Hartung