Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 13 06:33:26 UTC 2005

Mark Sargent wrote:

> Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>> Mark Sargent wrote:
>>
>>> my permissions on the machine that yesterday I could change back and
>>> forth on,
>>

>> Hmm. I just did an su and did
>>
>> # minicom -s
>>
>> and it gives me a setup screen which describes only one serial port.
>> I used CTLA-Z
>> to pull up a help screen, and I don't see any option to change to
>> another port.
>

> Ctrl-A Z O choose "Serial port setup" then A
>

>> I see a way to change what setup is being used, which setup could be
>> a different
>> serial port.
>>
>> What technique are/were you using to change ports?
>

> see above for that technique..cheers.
>

>> Mike
>>
> Mark Sargent.

When logged on as ME, that option is disabled. It gives me
a box with "You are not allowed to change this parameter"
in it. In order to be allowed to make that change, I have
to su.

Perhaps you either have an usual minicom setup, you customarily
log in with root privilege, or you don't recall exactly what
you were doing.

Mike