USB Touchpad

Tamer Higazi tamer23 at myrealbox.com
Wed Jul 13 11:42:01 UTC 2005

If you have problems with your touchpad then I prefere looking 1st) at
the manufactur if they provide Linux drivers... and if not, look inside
the linux kernel if kernel modules for your touchpad do exist. If you
say, it is an old one the chance is very high that it might be in the
linux kernel available to build

For this reason, install the linun kernel source, copy the configuration
of your running system and run as root in the /usr/src/linux directory
make xconfig (on kde or gnome) or in the shell "make menuconfig". Look
in the kernel sources where the device driver might be, build a new
kernel with it's kernel modules and try to modprobe the device driver at
system start.