Yum public.gpg.key

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 02:09:45 UTC 2005

I've newly installed FC3 onto my Dell 600m Inspiron laptop, and I'm
trying to use Yum to upgrade the kernel and kernel-utils.  As it's the
first time for this laptop, Yum responds with "You need to to download
the keys for...packages...and install them.  You can do this with rpm
--import public.gpg.key"

However, when I run rpm --import public.gpg.key, I get the message
"error: public.gpg.key: import read failed."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Eric Hines

--
He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man
I ever met.