Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Jul 15 02:53:58 UTC 2005

>>You're not supposed to be able to run with -s option unless you have
>>root privilege.

yes, that is definitely the case....I did as you, and changed the
permissioins for ttyS0 to run from a normal user...

>> I'm beginning to think it's time to re-install minicom.

no, just changing the minirc.dfl allowed me to get the right
settings..have also conversed with one of the developers, and he too
thinks it's strange..

>I suspect that Mark just didn't notice that he was root one time and not
>the other.  (Sorry, Mark.)

no, not at all, I can confirm, without a doubt, that I did in fact run
it once, when as a normal user, with the -s option(how do I know,
because I intentionally did this, to see what would happen)...now,
though(today). when I try to run it, without the -s option, I get the
following,

Device /dev/ttyS0 access failed: Permission denied.

That would be expected, so I just changed the permissions on ttyS0...I'm
not gonna bother trying to understand why all the different settings for
different OS installs etc...it's working now, that's all that
matters..cheers.

Mark Sargent.