Kernel 2.6.12-1.1387 hang up at "setting up hostname"

Xia Bin thefinalxia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 06:23:33 UTC 2005

Hi Rudolf

I think I've just found the real troublemaker of this issue. That is, I
might have missguided you by suggesting "setting up hostname" in the
thread. In fact, the problem comes from the next step after the hostname
has been set. It is during the "setting up local disk " step. My box
hangs up if there is an Audio CD with data track in my old SONY CDU5211
CDROM driver during the bootup. This only happen to kernel version
higher than 2.6.11-1.1369.

So I think this IS a kernel issue and it is a kernel issue with some
certain CDROM formats?

PS: How do people call an Audio CD with data tracks in English? I just
can't recall, anyone? :)