Will I have to wait until FC 5?

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at telus.net
Mon Jul 18 17:13:01 UTC 2005

Hello Todd,

	I had some loading problems as well. It was with the fact that GRUB couldn't
find the labels of the system in the line:

	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.35_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet

	I had to replace root=LABEL=/ with root=/dev/hda2 which is where / is on my
machine, now, I have /boot as reiserfs and / and /home as XFS, don't know if
/boot can be XFS as grub has some issues previously. I also had some garbage in
/etc/fstab, which was in the line with swap. I had some weird errors. I don't
know what the fsck happened. But FC4 hasn't installed very well on my laptop. I
hope that on a desktop it installs better. Haven't tried.

	Okay but that grub thingy was my point of grief, SADLY. Maybe someone suggest
better. Please note that you can edit this directly at the boot/grub screen and
it will allow you to boot. HTHs.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--