Strange connection

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 02:54:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 23:31, ryan wrote:
> Tomas Larsson wrote:
> > Well, F-Secure and Centralcommand costs a fortune.
> > Clamav seems to be made for mailservers, and not for a complete
> > linux-server.
> >
> > With best regards
> >
> > Tomas Larsson
> > Sweden
> >
> > Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem
> >

> clam works fine for scanning files and directories on workstations. It
> can scan all subdirectories with the -r flag.

Does clamav scan for any of the linux rootkits/exploits?  I thought it
mainly scanned for windows type viruses.

Another tool that can be used to evaluate your systems for possible
exploits is nessus.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
		-- Albert Einstein