Thunderbird Opening Attachments

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 11:25:32 UTC 2005

Hi !

Having updated some client machines to FC4 last week, the users are
complaining that Thunderbird won't open attachment documents properly.
They double-click on the attachment and get offered the "What do you
want me to open this attachment with" dialogue, pointing to their
home directories.

One machine was a clean FC4 install, but using the same shared home
directory that had been used by the user's old FC3-T4 machine.  The
other was an FC2->FC4 upgrade, again using the user's old shared home
directory (this time from FC2).

Is this a home-directory and settings issue, or has anyone else had
this problem with attachments ?  I have a new machine on order to put
FC4 on myself tomorrow, but I'd appreciate any thoughts from the
group before I get started ...

Jonathan