HylaFAX compatible fax modem that works in FC3

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Wed Jul 20 23:08:17 UTC 2005

Greetings from: "The Horse Capitol Of The World"
Amal Phadke wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 03:22:04PM -0400, taharka wrote:
>

>>Howdy,
>>Danny Terweij wrote:
>>

>>>From: "taharka" <res00vl8 at alltel.net>

>>>I use E-tech Bullet modem E56K (rockwell chipset). No problems with it.
>>>All class1/2 (fax)modems are supported according to Hylafax software.
>>>It just needs the serial port.. i did attatched it to ttyS0 and used that
>>>too in the configs.
>>>
>>>Danny.
>>>

>>This appears to be an external modem. It is my understanding the OP is
>>looking for a PCI modem, which makes it internal.
>>
>>taharka
>>
>>Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.
>>

>That's correct! I am looking for a hardware-based internal PCI
>modem. I could have gone for an external modem if I had a spare serial
>port. The only serial port on my box has APC UPS attached. I am not
>sure if a USB modem would work with FC3 and HylaFAX. Any suggestions?

OK, the Multi-Tech "MT 5634ZBA-USB" is a class 1/2 fax modem & is known
to work with Red hat 7.2 & above. Another poster mentioned that, all
class 1/2 (fax) modems are supported according to Hylafax software. So,
I see no reason why the MT 5634ZBA-USB wouldn't work with Hylafax. Are
you located in the U.S.? If not, where are you located?

>I checked out Multitech modems at their website. It looks good. The
>modems suppport both Fax class 1 and 2 protocols.

Yes indeed, ten year warranty & free lifetime technical support :-)

>Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome. If I can help you further, let me know.

>Best regards,
>

>Amal

Skol!!

taharka