evolution-connector: could not configure account (FC4)

Mariano Draghi chaghi at sion.com
Thu Jul 21 02:58:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I can't get Evo to talk to my job's Exchange server. I know they run a
MS Exchange 2003 Server, with OWA enabled. I can connect to it via web.

But when I try to configure my account in Evo, I get a cryptic:
"""
Could not configure Exchange account because an unknown error occurred.
Check the URL, username, ans password, and try again.
""""

If I put a wrong address, I get a *different* error saying that the
Exchange server could not be located. And if I give a wrong
user/password, I get another different message saying the authentication
failed.

So from the above quoted error, I assume it *is* locating the server,
and it *is* authenticating with it, but something else is failing under
the hood.

I googled for the error message, but I've only found it referenced in
the Evo message files (for translators) :(

Can anybody give me a hint? Does anybody know how to get at least a
debug or a more detailed description of the problem? "Unknown error"
isn't particularly helpful :p

I tried starting Evo from the command line with the --debug flag, but
the output was of no use (just a couple of warnings related to GTK+
widgets and the like)

I'm using FC4, and rpm -qa evolution* says I'm using these packages:
evolution-data-server-1.2.2-3
evolution-2.2.2-5
evolution-connector-2.2.2-5
evolution-webcal-2.2.0-1