Frozen menubar in 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

Philipp Ott philipp.ott at avalon.at
Thu Jul 21 11:44:49 UTC 2005

Hi!

>Message: 7
>Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:56:47 -0400
>From: Robert Cahn <robertscahn at gmail.com>
>Subject: Frozen menubar in 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4
>
>I'm beginning to experience a problem with the system.  When I go to
>the Desktop menu when the system starts getting weird (aps not
>launching or abending) to shutdown the entire menubar freezes.
>Anything on the desktop that has a launcher can be started but I can't
>stop the system without doing a BRS (big red switch).

Unfortunately this also happens to me, however CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE always
brings me back to the login screen.

I have no idea yet why and when this happens, usually then when I expect
it the least - a customer calling, me wanting to start a gnome terminal
or vnc to connect to their system and plonk - the app doesnt start from
the menu. Usually then it just takes a few seconds to maybe half a
minute before the desktop completely freezes. During this time, desktop
icons can be clicked (and turn selected) but not longer being opened,
then they freeze too. CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE is the only way out then.

Regards
Philipp