iiimf server installed, but not seen

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Sun Jul 24 04:23:40 UTC 2005

Recently I reinstalled FC 4 and made sure to isntall the iiimf server
and Japanese language support.
I went to my top menu bar, and selected to have the language imput icon
made available. It's there now, but it has no other options than "En"
for English. I selected to "Add or Remove" languages, but none were
available.

So I went back to Desktop | Preferences | Add/Remove Applications, and
saw that for some reason the language support was not selected. I
selected to install it, but then it gives me an error saying that the
iiimf-server is not installed, along with two other iiimf related
dependant packages.

At the command line, I checked to see if I had the iiimf-server
installed, and I do:

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -q iiimf-server
iiimf-server-12.2-4

I tried a yum update just to make sure I had the latest version.

Why is my system not acknowledging my iiimf server?

Dave