What is the "official way" to install clamav?

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Mon Jul 25 20:19:02 UTC 2005

clamd is not in extras. You can get it from dag's repos.

El Lun 25 Jul 2005 16:29, Captain Bubudiu escribió:
> What is the "official way" to install clamav?
>
> Seeing clamav is in extras i did a (i use fc3) and
> only have core and extras repos no dag,livina etc etc.
> These steps were tested on two different fc3 machines.
>
> [capt at bubudiu:~]$ yum install clamav*
>
> Then following
> http://www.brennan.id.au/12-Sendmail_Server.html#antivirus
>
> [capt at bubudiu:~]$ cp /etc/clamd.conf
> /etc/clamd.conf.original
> cp: cannot stat `/etc/clamd.conf': No such file or
> directory
>
> [capt at bubudiu:~]$ chkconfig --level 2345 clamd on
> error reading information on service clamd: No such
> file or directory
>
> There are differing instructions at
> 1.
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27510
> (mentions unkown package amavis)
> 2.
> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/ron_goulard/clamav/
> (uses dag wieers rpms)
> 3.
> http://www.brennan.id.au/12-Sendmail_Server.html#antivirus
> (No mention made of method to install clamav, I
> suppose it fell from the sky.)
>
> My question to the extras package maintainer :-
> 1. Are we supposed to install the dag wieers packages
> on top of the extras ones?
> 2. Did you actually test and see that clamav in
> installable and usable?
> 3. What is the purpose of the clamav packages in extras?

> Fedora Core - The power of Open Source Now! Please search the archives and
http://fedoraforum.org as the question is likely to have been asked before.
RH9 -> FC3 -> FC6 (Jan 2007)

> Catch me at http://members.lycos.co.uk/bubudiu/ Ah the beauty of it all!
>
> Cheers
> Captain Bubudiu

select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA
Centro de Telemática	|     Administrador
               Universidad Nacional
                    del Litoral