open office

brouwers roland lx roland at cat.be
Tue Jul 26 14:39:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 15:03 +0100, Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Same problem when I am trying to install open office directly from the
> > site of Open Office. It needs Java. Fedora disables it, according to OO-
> > people.
> >
> > How can I deinstall open office and reinstall it from the site of OO.
>
> You don't need Sun's JVM to run OOo. It runs fine with gcj (infact, it's
> built to use either).
>
> What problems are you finding and have you reported them into bugzilla?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
> "Some people will do anything for a woman in uniform" - The Doctor -
> Unregenerate (Big Finish audio)

First of all I cannot execute some sites with Java-exec, like
www.map24.be where a test is made for Java to display a worldmap.

Secondly I have an installation with OOo 1.1.3. where doc's of OO-write
cannot be printed more than one page. If you do a preview it is as if de
text is falling out of the paper down below.
Nobody gave me any answer so I decided to reinstall OOo 1.1.4. But How,
because the site of OOo talks about JAVA.

How do one install gcj, and what is this?

Thanks for your help
roland