YUM HEADACHES; HELP

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 26 19:43:49 UTC 2005

Mirco Scaramucci wrote:

> Everytime I run yum update this is the message/output I receive.
> I tried to google for a solution and download from some other repo the
> licdio but can't find it anywhere.
> Is there something wrong with my yum.conf or is this the same problem
> with incompatible repos.?
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: libcdio for package: gstreamer-plugins
> --> Processing Dependency: libcdio.so.5(CDIO_5) for package:
> gstreamer-plugins
> --> Processing Dependency: libcdio.so.5 for package: gstreamer-plugins
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcdio.so.5 is needed by package
> gstreamer-plugins
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcdio is needed by package
> gstreamer-plugins
> Error: Missing Dependency: libcdio.so.5(CDIO_5) is needed by package
> gstreamer-plugins

If I got this error, I would add the line "exclude=gstreamer*"
to /etc/yum.conf .
At least that should allow "yum update" to complete.

If you really want gstreamer-plugins you could deal with that separately.

I would guess it _is_ due to incompatible repositories,
but I'm no expert.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366