mysql for fc3 on x86_64

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Wed Jul 27 20:19:24 UTC 2005

Anne Ramey wrote:
> I wanted to install mysql 4.0 or 4.1 on my new fc3 x86_64 box like I
> have on my i386 boxes, but the only mysql that seems to work is 3.25. Is
> this all there is?  Is this the arch. or fedora or both?  Has anyone
> else been successful with 4.0 or 4.1?

FC3 shipped with MySQL 3.23.  But you should be able to either use the
binaries at mysql.com (the RHEL4 RPMS would probably work best):

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html

or grab the MySQL 4.1 SRPM from FC4 and recompile it on your system:

as non-root user run:
     cd $HOME
     wget
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/mysql-4.1.12-2.FC4.1.src.rpm
     mkdir $HOME/rpm
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/SOURCES
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/SPECS
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/BUILD
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/SRPMS
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/RPMS
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/RPMS/x86_64
     mkdir $HOME/rpm/RPMS/i386
     echo "%_topdir    $HOME/rpm" >> $HOME/.rpmmacros
     rpm -Uvh mysql-4.1.12-2.FC4.1.src.rpm
     cd $HOME/rpm/SPECS
     rpmbuild -bb mysql.spec

This should leave you with MySQL 4.1 RPMS custom compiled for your box
in $HOME/rpm/RPMS/$arch/

Jay
--
Jay Lee