Thank you Fedora!

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Fri Jul 1 01:14:09 UTC 2005

Tim Holmes wrote:

>>I just wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate your effort in
>>developing, contributing and caring for this project.  I'm currently using
>>FC3 on two legacy boxes (AMD 450 & Intel 466) in my home office and I see
>>no
>>reason to own MS software.
>>
>>I'm not bashing here, just stating the facts as I see them.  My computers
>>may
>>be slow but I choose not to play the constant hardware upgrade game that
>>most
>>in the MS world play due to a bloated OS requiring more & more system
>>resources.  Linux affords me that choice.  The ROI these two computers
>>have
>>generated would be hard to measure.
>>
>>Being a small business owner, Linux makes sense!
>>
>>Thank you,
>>
>>Steve Croteau
>>Serpent Cymbals
>>SerpentCymbals at comcast.net
>>

>[Tim Holmes]
>
>I would like to add my thanks as well to all the developers that are involved in this project -- I am using fedora 3 on 6 servers here at the school, and it is working wonderfully -- Any problems that I have are mine -- not yours!!!  Thanks and keep up the good work
>
>TIM

Yeah.
Fedora Core Rocks.!
I started with Linux at RH 7.1 and haven't looked back.
I haven't owned M$ software for several years now.  Don't miss it at all.
I taught public school for a few years, used al OSS for all of my work,
built machines out of used parts
and took them into my classroom and used them (with K12ltsp software,
based on RH, now on FC).
I'm also a photographer and artist and use all OSS for that work, too.
Who needs proprietary software?
Can't you just feel the LOVE on this list!

tony baldwin
http://www.photodharma.com