Recommened Tape Backup software

Julian Underwood mailings at underwoods.net
Fri Jul 1 02:53:01 UTC 2005

Dear List,

I'm pretty frustrated with Tape Backup software at the moment.  I simply
want an easy to use/install, program which will allow me to backup my
server to multiple DLT tapes.

I tried BRU, and it worked OK, but it's not free, so I couldn't restore.
I checked out Networker from Legato, and it seems a bit much for a
single server--which is also not free.

Could someone recommend a good backup software which can handle this
task?  I understand that Amanda is quite good, but doesn't support
appending to multiple tapes "out of the box."

Thanks in advance,

Julian