Linux installs on CF Flash chips.

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 03:08:54 UTC 2005

Having an installation of Linux on a CF Flash, I am wondering if it is
needed to check for bad blocks during file formatting. I am also
wondering if using tune2fs -c 0 and tune2fs -i 0 is needed or is a bad idea.
I did not set up this CF installation, but am curious as to CF Flashes
and their reliability.
The options they used were for tune2fs and formatting the filesystem with
  mkfs.ext2 -j /dev/hda
Would passing the -c flag to mkfs.ext2 along with the -j option for
journalling be needed for flashes? Will it mark the blocks as bad before
the filesystem is used for anything?

Jim

--
A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.