Cannot install FC3 or FC4

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 1 12:30:58 UTC 2005

Todd Cary wrote:

> I had FC3 inslled on my Pentium III 667 box, however trying to update to
> FC4 kept giving me problems, so on the advice of some, I removed the
> particions and tried installing FC4.  Same problems:
>
> "no modul named constants_text"

When exactly does it say this?

> My command line for the install was "linux ide=nodma skipddc" to take
> care of no finding the CDROM and problems with the monitor.

What happens if you just say "linux text" ?
What exactly do you mean by "not finding the CDROM"?

Incidentally, I don't think the fact that it is a 667MHz PIII is relevant;
I have a 450MHz PIII, and Fedora-4 runs perfectly on it.

By the way, if you still have FC-3 on it
you could transfer the ISO files and boot from the hard disk.
(I usually do this to save the trouble of burning CDs.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366