Installing Fedora Core 4 on a Apple Powerbook G4 1.6GHz

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 13:47:02 UTC 2005

On 7/1/05, Bryan Elliott <redhat at zoinkz.com> wrote:
> Jonathan Hartje wrote:
>
> > All,
> >    I'm trying to install FC4 on a new Apple Powerbook G4, 1.67 Ghz
> > laptop. After anaconda tries to launch X11, the screen goes blank and
> > seems to hand. Does anyone know how/if there is a text install kernel
> > or something similar to work around the issue?
>
> I have the same problem but use linux 3 to boot to text mode. I was
> wondering if you got this fixed?

I've never managed to get X working on my 1.67GHz G4.  I know at least
one person got it working on a 1.5GHz, but that uses a different
graphics adapter.

OTOH, Ubuntu 5.04 works fine.  I haven't had the time yet to figure
out why one works and the other doesn't.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves