openssh auto login

Bill Rees breeze at smsonline.com
Fri Jul 1 23:38:30 UTC 2005

Hi All,
       I upgraded a redhat 7.3 system to FC4 and one of the problems
that has surfaced is that the ssh auto login feature that worked on 7.3,
no longer works.  According to the man page for ssh, there is a
challenge/response phase to ssh authentication types where a
private/public key pair are involved.  A simple private/public key pair
on the client and the public key on the server.

    The web has mostly the same description of things to do with the
only added item the ssh-agent.  Ufortunately, I'm trying to get a cron
job to access my server via rsync -e ssh.  So can anyone clue me in to
what I've missed?  I made sure the challenge response feature was
enabled in sshd_config, that authorized key authentication was enabled,
and PubkeyAthenitication was enabled.

bill r