Advice Please: DVI / Gigabit / SATA

Ryan D'Baisse ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:32:38 UTC 2005

I have been tempted to install FC4 on a new machine I just built.  However,
there are a few items that I am new to and was curious about the success of
Linux with them.

Here's the configuration...

    ASUS A7N8XAE Motherboard (embedded everything... USB, FireWire, etc.)
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    1GB PC3200

Now, in one way or another, I am new to the following devices...

    ATI Radeon 9550 DVI ... my first DVI card
    20" Apple Cinema Display ... never touched an Apple display on any
machine other than Apple
    Plextor DVD+/-RW ... never dealt with Plextor nor the "+" versions of
anything
    Marvell Yukon 88E8001 PCI Gigabit ... my first Gigabit adapter / no clue
who Marvell is
    Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SpeedBooster ... never tried a PCI
Linksys on Linux
    Maxtor 6 Y120M0 SATA Hard Drive ... my first SATA drive in any machine

I guess I am just looking to see how native these items will be to FC4.
And, of course, if I am going to screw myself by installing.  Currently, I
am using VMWare to toy with FC4, and it is running quite well, but I am
anxious to get rid of WinXP.

Thanks, in advance, for all who reply with helpful info.

-- Ryan