K3B Broken - Solved

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 17:26:50 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:23:48 -0700, John Wendel wrote:
>

>>Just ran k3b (FC3, version 0.12.1) and it came up missing the project
>>contents window. The splash screen appears, then the file selection
>>window, but the window that usually contains the type of project
>>selections never appears. There doesn't appear to be any way to make the
>>window appear, and without it k3b is pretty useless.
>>
>>I yum removed it and then reinstalled, still broken. I used it yesterday
>>and it was fine, now it's broken. Very strange.
>>
>>Any clues will be appreciated.
>

> No clue without being able to analyse it myself, but what happens if
> you go back to the k3b version that comes with FC3? It's not the 0.12.1
> development version, but a well-working 0.11.14.

K3B 0.12.1 appears to be the latest 'released' version from the k3b
developers, not a development version. It has lots of nice usability
enhancements. I think I'll keep it (along with its bugs).

I removed the ".kde" directory and restarted. Problem fixed, of course I
lost all my custom settings, blah.

John