FC4 Boot Log

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 06:32:06 UTC 2005

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:

> Rob Kettle wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> anyone know how to get the Boot Log working in FC4 ? Seems it's
>> intentionally disabled but with no alternative.
>>

> What do you mean by boot log?
> If you mean seeing the messages instead of gui display during boot
> then remove the 'rhgb quiet' from kernel arguments in
> /boot/grub/grub.conf
>
> If you just mean you want to be able to look afterward at what those
> messages were - they should be in /var/log/messages and /var/log/dmesg
> after booting.
>
> ckj

I believe the reference is to /var/log/boot.log - I have four -
boot.log boot.log.1 boot.log.2 and boot.log.3 - My last messages are
from June 17th and June 19th in all four logs. The boot.log and
boot.log.3 are empty.  Boot.log.1 has a few messages from the 19th and
boot.log.2 from the 17th.

Jim

--
If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
		-- Arthur Kasspe