Fedora core 4 and linux nofb

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 3 12:42:55 UTC 2005

Tomás Fariña wrote:

> yes off course english not my firts languge. i try explain better

No problem. We just need to know what happened so we can help.

> i have  acer ferrari 3200, and install fedora core 4 if i don't write
> in boot: linux nofb  when  FC4 load in modal graphic the screen is
> black, but with linux nofb it's possible install.

Ok, so your install was successful when you used "linux nofb".

> i want know happen

What is it you want to know? What exactly is your problem?
You have installed. Can you boot? Can you get a "login" prompt?
Can you get a graphical login screen? If yes to the above, what
happens when you log in?

> thank you, and sorry for my bad english.

Again, no problem. Guessing from your name, your first language
is either Spanish or Portuguese. If Spanish, send me e-mail separately,
and I can help with translation. I can't help with Portuguese.

Mike