FC4 problems

Pierre_Lamb at glic.com Pierre_Lamb at glic.com
Sun Jul 3 21:22:48 UTC 2005

I looked at the fedora -list first trying to find a solution.  Here is the
problems,

        1) I did a successful install
        2) During any boot I will get a Kernel panic (even tried the
abcedf at boot time work around) this is what I see
:
        STARTING PCMIA: CPU0:Machine Check Exception 000000000000004
Kernel Panics not syncing Cpu context corrupt
        Bank0:F20000086800
        Bank3:b2000002010a
then it  hangs sometimes it boots no problems the will hang whenever  no
pattern that I can find(yet)

Other problems are rpm will not install a new kernel , I can't get chmod
to work even when it says it does

 I did a sha1sum on the DVD iso all checks good before installation.

I have had Fc1,2,3, all run with no problems. This is a Compaq laptop
model EVO640c.   Once in awhile  can get FC4 to run but it may hang with
no warning.

I will continue looking for the solution

Pierrefedora-list at redhat.comfedora-list@redhat.com

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.