Fedora Core 4 -- 1387 Kernel Problem Compaq nx9010 Laptop

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 22:16:01 UTC 2005

Markus Huber wrote:

> Updated my HP zd7000 with kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC4smp (it's a P4 3.2
> GHz with Hyperthreading) and it boots fine with ACPI.
>
> Markus

Thanks Markus,

The smp 1411 boots but the non-smp kernel does not boot on my machine.
The smp version does not scale frequency, the battery applet does not
work, the CPU runs full throttle, but it does boot.

Going back to 1400 for now. I assume that 1387 will boot with this
kernel. It is not a laptop computer dream though.

Jim

--
A penny saved kills your career in government.