Up2date - not signed with a GPG signature

John Best jbest at insightbb.com
Mon Jul 4 00:59:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 17:18 -0700, Don wrote:
> By not fixing it, I need to click continue for each package,  that requires
> me to monitor the installation process over a time.  It would be great to
> have the proper GPG so it wont ask.  How do I get the proper GPG?
> Thanks
> Don
>
> At 05:11 PM 7/3/2005, you wrote:
> >Don wrote:
> >
> >>I just installed FC4 and am running up2date.  I am getting a message on
> >>some of the packages saying
> >>"The package xxx is not signed with a GPG signature."  Where xxx is the
> >>package name.  I have been clicking continue.
> >>
> >>1) Is it a problem?
> >
> >No
> >
> >>2) Is it a problem that I have been clicking continue?
> >
> >No.
> >
> >>3) how do I fix this?
> >
> >GPG is used to verify the packages for security reasons . Nothing to fix
> >
> >regards
> >Rahul
> >
> >--

I believe there is a setting in your REPO file in yum.repos.d
directory...

gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

I believe that setting gpgcheck =0 will disable the checking for the gpg
signature.  you can also verify that your pgpkeys are in the right
location...

John Best
jbest at insightbb.com
Yahoo Msgr: JohnJBest