yum as root question

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Mon Jul 4 07:12:32 UTC 2005

Dear friends:

My yum is now working fine as root. But I am wondering about the past.
I've been running my new installation for several weeks, and I've been
installing programs with yum as User instead of as Root. How has this
past installation affected or will affect the current status of yum on
my computer? It's working fine, I've installed several more programs
(this time as root), but has my past mistake in any way corrupted or
messed up the yum database? If so, what would you recommend that I do?

Thank you.

Benjamin