Creating a File Attachment on the fly

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Mon Jul 4 14:43:08 UTC 2005

Sorry if this question is a bit off list,

I need to be able to e-mail a fax *.tif file for the purpose of
confirmation and receipt.  It is easy to attach one of these files using
Evolution, Outlook etc, but I need to be able to create a mail envelop
with something like perl and attach the tif file. It looks like the mail
agents convert the file to a BASE 64 and then attach the file.

Can anyone give me a starting place by way of reading to be able to do
this.

Thanks,

Greg