CVS Recommendations

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Mon Jul 4 15:26:54 UTC 2005

Ben Steeves wrote:

>On 7/4/05, Ryan D'Baisse <ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Just moving from a Microsoft and .NET world to Java and Linux.  I would like
>>to find a CVS server (something like SourceSafe) that will run internally on
>>Fedora and work well for Java development with Eclipse.
>>

>Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/) is another version
>management solution that has some refinements over CVS and has an

I have used both..  Although I like what subversion is doing, it is
still much easier to install, configure and use  CVS. More importantly
CVS has integration with many IDEs and many clients where subversion
does not. So my recommendation would be to simply...  "yum install cvs
cvs-server".

There are great tutorials for CVS.
https://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.20/cvs.html

Cheers,