help!g++ compiling failed when application ported from RH 7.3 to FC3

Yang Shuichao shuichaoy at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jul 4 15:35:05 UTC 2005

I am a new bie to C++ programming under Linux.I am requried to port some software from Redhat linux 7.3(with g++ version 2.9.6) to fedora core three(with g++ version 3.4.2). The original source code was complied successfully in Redhat but failed under fedora.I found the system header files included in my software were implemented differently in these two system and even their PATH are different too. I copied from Redhat all the header files to my fedora system and recompiled them under fedora with the same options used in redhat, but still got many many errors like below:
./usrinclude/g++-3/std/straits.h:108: error: an explicit specialization must be preceded by 'template <>'
./usrinclude/pthread.h:163: error: expected `,' or `...' before "__thread"
./usrinclude/pthread.h:591: error: storage class specifiers invalid in parameter declarations
./usrinclude/pthread.h:591: error: storage class specified for parameter `parameter'

./usrinclude/g++-3/stl_alloc.h:701: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '*' token
./usrinclude/g++-3/stl_alloc.h:701: error: expected `;' before '*' token
./usrinclude/g++-3/stl_alloc.h:961: error: non-template `rebind' used as template

 What shall I do?  Can anybody help me? Great thanks.