Kernel 2.6.12-1.1387 hang up at "setting up hostname"

Xia Bin thefinalxia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:09:11 UTC 2005

Hi all

I've just noticed this problem when I booting up my box today.

There were some mod error messages complaining about unable to creat
/dev/console, /dev/null and one another dev file which I was unable to
recall. and then the box hang up at the "setting up hostname" step.

I've got this new kernel installed for a while (a day or two?). It
worked alright till today. I didn't change any conf file nor I
install/removed any package.

BTW, the original kernel (2.6.11-1.1369) is bootable. But if there is
something wrong with the new kernel, then I should know it already.

AS I KNOW, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! :)

Any thing I missed here?

Thanks,

XIa