cyrus-imapd

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 4 18:56:51 UTC 2005

Hello
I'm trying to set up cyrus with virtual email accounts. So far I got
it to work using a system account, but that is not what I want.
In my configuration /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd I have MECH=pam since
the compiled version of FC4 has only these options: getpwent
kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap.
Is it possible to set up cyrus to use virtual accounts with these
compiled authentication methods or do I need to recompile it?
Can someone provide me with a good step by step guide on how to get
cyrus to work with virtual accounts?
I need the simplest method to accomplish this since this is my first
time setting up an email server.
Thanks
EJ