sort: sorry, probably not FC specific

fergus fergus at bonhard.uklinux.net
Mon Jul 4 18:49:25 UTC 2005

I don't know how strict you are about posing rather general questions
about Linux syntax to this list (rather than asking about FC-specific
conundrums, I mean). Here goes.

I do not like the vagaries of sort and the dependence of output on
LOCALE. Before using it I
	export LC_ALL=C
or (easier)
	unset LANG
but I would much rather do neither of these and instead find a switch
for sort that has the same effect. Is there one?

If not, is there a way that I can unset LANG once and for all by
disabling or deleting something earlier in the switch-on process, dunno,
by editing a config file or something?

Thank you.

Fergus