[FC4] Audacity won't record anything

P Jones deerfieldtech at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:57:52 UTC 2005

Hi;

I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 card on an FC4 machine. I installed
Audacity from Extras.
Today attempted to record from a CD, and it did not work, all that was
recorded was a short sample of the CD, probably about a half a second,
and Audacity just looped it indefinitely. So, I tried again with a
different track, and the result is the same, a looped sound file of
the first sample. Then I ejected the CD, and tried again recording
from the mic input. Same result, an indefinite loop of the first
sample. So I restarted my machine, uninstalled Audacity, removed temp
directories and config files, and tried a fresh install and a new
recording from the mic input with no mic plugged in, and I get the
SAME RESULT. This is one of the strangest things that I've
encountered. Anyone have any ideas?

-P