cyrus-imapd

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 4 20:19:38 UTC 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Mo, den 04.07.2005 schrieb redhatdude at bellsouth.net um 21:57:
>

>> Where do I change to sasldb? Is it in imapd.conf?
>> sasl_pwcheck_method: sasldb?
>>

>> EJ
>>

> Yes, in /etc/imapd.conf:
>
> sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> sasl_mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
> sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
>
> As mech_list of course use only those you want to provide. Saying
> this,
> it is highly recommended to not allow plaintext auth (LOGIN and PLAIN)
> through unencrypted connection. Means, you should set in imapd.conf
>
> allowplaintext: no
>
> and configure the use of TLS. All modern mail clients should be
> able to
> handle this.
>
> Alexander

Thanks a lot Alexander, it worked.
I hope I don't bug you much with all my questions but I have some
more :)
Why is there two commands for setting up users: saslpasswd and
saslpasswd2 with sasldb and sasldb2? Is this a secure method of
authentication? Is there a benefit to using other methods instead of
sasldb?
Thanks a lot for all your help
EJ